Journalists invited to UK’s largest Islamic convention
35,000 Muslims to gather to pledge allegiance to the Caliphate
Dates: Friday 2 August – Sunday 4 August.
Venue: Hadeeqatul Mahdi (Oakland Farm), Green Street, East Worldham, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 3AU
Journalists are invited to UK’s largest Islamic convention, where the Caliph and leader of tens of millions of Muslims will address the gathering and take a pledge of allegiance from more than 35,000 Muslims.
The Jalsa Salana is the largest Islamic convention in the UK, with 2019 marking the 53rd year that the event has taken place in the UK. For those wishing to find out whether Islam is a religion of terror or peace, the event claims to be the place to be.
It is hosted by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community (AMC) which has a membership of millions worldwide who are led by the Caliph, Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad.
Key features of the event include:
- 53 years– Longest standing Islamic convention in the UK
- 100 countries– Delegates attend from more than 100 countries
- Pledge of allegiance to the Caliph– With the participation of millions via satellite on Sunday
- 200 acres– The site is a field in a Hampshire farm, which is turned into a global village. The facilities include accommodation, kitchen, food, bazar, library, book stalls, exhibitions, TV and radio stations
- 7,000 volunteers– The gathering is organised by volunteers from across the UK (3,000 women and 4,000 men)
- Caliph to address women on Saturday
- Exhibitions include:
- The Turin Shroud Conference– featuring some of the leading experts from across the world
- Jesus in India– tracing Jesus’ journey from Jerusalem to Kashmir
- Historical Qur’an manuscripts, Islamic art.
- Al-Qalam project – the first crowdsourced Holy Qur’an; one in which each verse has been penned by a different writer, Muslims and non-Muslims.
- Union Flag – hoisted on site as a show of loyalty to Britain.
- Quarter of a million meals–300,000 naan (slices of Asian bread) produced on the on-site bread making factory, the kitchen cooks 270,000 meals across three days
More information about the event is available here.
Free parking is available on site. Journalists can also be collected from Alton Train Station (approx 1 hour from Waterloo).
Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
Press & Media Office
22 Deer Park Road
London, SW19 3TL, UK
Tel: +44 (0)208 544 7678